The division's research and study activities are centered around:
- Challenges related to civil engineering structures like harbour structures, offshore structures, wind turbines and wave energy devices.
At the moment, the current research in the division is specifically concentrated on:
- Risk and reliability analysis of large constructions and renewable energy structures, with specific focus on wind turbines and wave energy devices.
- Structural dynamics, with focus on passive and active control of the response of the constructions.
- Analysis of wind generated waves - herein determination of wave loads on harbour and offshore constructions as well as stabilisation studies of pier constructions.
- Modelling, development and evaluation of energy production and structural loads of various wave energy devices.