The majority of the scientific work in Transportation Engineering is conducted within traffic safety and intelligent transportation systems (ITS). In recent years freight transport has also been a growing focus area.
Selected target areas in traffic safety:
- New approaches for designating dangerous parts of the road network
- Studies of effects from various passive initiatives on traffic safety
- Use of ITS to improve higher traffic safety.
Selected target areas in ITS:
- Use of date from moving vehicles called Floating Car Date for analysis for traffic management and -services
- Bluetooth for detecting traffic flow
- Environmentally friendly driving
Selected targets areas in freigt transportation:
- Collaborative Logistics
- Big data, optimizatiion and infrastructur.